Advance Python Coder
This hands-on course will provide learners demos and lessons on Python basics and walk through labs portraying the usefulness Python has in a variety of information security areas. Learners will have guided instruction and walk concluded programming in Python. Each lab shapes upon the next allowing for guided instruction.
- Introduction to Python Concepts
- Advance Further into Python
- Web Recon
- Port Scanning
- Packet Sniffing
- TCP Packet Injection
- Perform forensic analysis
- Perform malware analysis
Who this course is for?
- Information security professionals
- Python developers
- Forensic analysts
- Network defenders
- Penetration testers
Control Structures and Iteration
- The candidate will be able to create and analyze simple control structures, including conditionals (if/else/else if) and for/while loops using Python.
Creation of Executables
- The candidate will have a basic understanding of creating a Python executable for Windows clients with a focus on penetration testing. This includes an understanding of backdoor functionality, the conversion of a Python program to an executable file, and using Python to create an executable that will evade most modern anti-virus signatures.
Data Analysis with Python
- The candidate will demonstrate the ability to use Python for various data analysis techniques including parsing binary data with the struct module, common file formats, log analysis and statistics with freq.py, counters and sets, long tail and short-tail analysis.
- The candidate will be able to create and manipulate variable types and data structures, including bytes, byte arrays, byte encoded Unicode characters using UTF-8 and Latin-1, integers, Python 3 strings, sets and sequential data structures, including dictionaries, lists, and tuples.
- The candidate will understand how to create a Python program to query databases using SQL libraries.
- The candidate will have a basic understanding of Python exception handling capabilities, and how to build these into a program.
Functions, Classes and Objects
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of Python functions, classes, and object-oriented programming.
- The candidate will be gifted to implement TCP and UDP network-based communications using Pythons socket module.
Packet Analysis with Python
- The candidate will understand how to use extended functionality of Python and Scapy to create, read, analyze, and manipulate captured network traffic.
- The candidate will be able to implement the more fundamental elements of Python, including creating, debugging and executing a program, and user/file input and output.
- The candidate will have a basic understanding of regular expressions, and how to implement them in searches with Python.
- The candidate will understand how to use Python as a “browser” to interact with URLs and websites, handle cookies, and manipulate or capture traffic