Nmap: Network Security Scanning Basics & Advanced Techniques
What is this course about?
You will become a skilled using the most powerful and elastic network scanner available. Nmap is the scanner that other scanners are dignified in contradiction of and you will identify how to use it from start to finish.
This course will twitch off with the essentials of network scanning with Nmap and travel into how you can use it safely and efficiently in your network. You will use real-world examples and demonstrations to acquire how to use Nmap right now!
What you’ll learn from this course:
- Develop technical skills to become a penetration tester, ethical hacker, and security professional
- You will become skilled at testing your network security using one of the most powerful network security tools available.
- Learn how to rapidly scan networks for undiscovered hosts and services
- Find vulnerable systems during penetration tests
- Learn the basics of the Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) and start to build your own NSE scripts
- Perform network scanning safely and effectively
This course is illegible for the following students:
- Systems administrators, network administrators, network security admins
- IT professionals and developers
- Security enthusiasts and those curious about discovering hosts on networks
- Students should have the knowledge and ability to setup virtual machines to run Nmap on and to scan against.
- Basic knowledge of Linux and its command line would be extremely fruitful fort his course.
- A computer system should have sufficient hardware resources to run one to two virtual machines. 4GBs of memory is a minimum and 8GBs is recommended.
- Getting and installing Nmap
- Port scanning basics with Nmap
- Safe scanning techniques
- Performance and tuning considerations
- Nmap Scripting Engine
- Writing NSE scripts